EMULSION 2016 Venue
All events will take place at Gallery O on H located at 1354 H Street NE in the heart of the Atlas Entertainment District. Valet Parking available across the street at 1353 H Street NE.
- Opening Reception: Saturday, April 9 from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony 8:30 p.m.
- Music by Wes Felton. More about the artist HERE
- Panel Discussion—DC’s Gentrification and the Artist’s Experience. Panel discussion on how members of DC’s artist community have documented and experienced displacement in DC. Tuesday, April 12 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Live Portrait Demonstration—EMULSION 2016 artist Ben Barker will paint the portrait of live models and answer any questions you may have about this time-honored process. Wednesday, April 13 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Artist Talks—EMULSION 2016 artists discuss their work and process. Thursday, April 14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Workshops—Discover your inner artist with Plaza Artist Materials, Windsor & Newton and Liquitex where participants will have the opportunity to work with the following: 1) book making 2) water colors and markers 3) collage techniques/acrylic mediums. Saturday, April 16 from 1-5 p.m.
- People’s Choice Award—Saturday, April 16 from 6-8 p.m. | Awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday, April 10 open from noon to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday-Friday, April 12-15 open from 6-9 p.m.
• Saturday, April 16 open from 1-8 p.m.
ARTISTS (works and statements)
JUROR—Maryland Art Place Executive Director Amy Cavanaugh Royce
PRODUCTION—East City Art Media